Duluth has a strong and diverse local economy. Major industry sectors include:
- Medical & Health Care
- Information Technology
- Industrial (Distribution/Warehousing, Manufacturing)
- Automotive Repair & Maintenance
Duluth is one of the leading corporate headquarters centers in metro Atlanta and provides businesses with the vibrant environment needed to compete in today's global economy.
Among the 10 largest U.S. metro areas, metro Atlanta ranks #1 for lowest cost of doing business. (KPMG, 2016)
Metro Atlanta is also ranked 3rd in the nation for the most Fortune 500 companies. Two Fortune 500 companies are located in Duluth (AGCO and Asbury Automotive).
In the City of Duluth, businesses will find:
- a highly educated and trained workforce;
- a dynamic network of technology firms and services;
- strategic access to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, rail, Interstate 85, 75, and 20, and the Ports Authority facilities in Savannah and Brunswick.
- superior digital infrastructure, including Internet backbone connectivity;
- a competitive tax structure;
- affordable, flexible and attractive real estate options;
- top public and private schools, colleges, and universities.
Duluth Economic Development specializes in assisting individuals and companies interested in doing business in the City of Duluth.
City of Duluth Code of Ethics
Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
City Hall, 2nd Floor (Mayor's side)
3167 Main Street
Duluth, Georgia 30096