Request to Change Date of Court

If you need to change your court date, it must be submitted in writing, to the court and be approved. The request to change your court date, must have your first and last name, your current mailing address, a telephone number and e-mail address where you can be reached.

Your request must be received in our office 5 business days prior to your original assigned court date. You may submit your request for change of court date via e-mail to, via facsimile at 678.512.3806, in person at the Court’s window; or via regular mail addressed to

The City of Duluth Municipal Court
Attn: Continuance

3276 Buford Highway
Duluth, GA 30096

For online application, please click HERE.
For printable application, click HERE for a Change Court Form.

Attorneys: If you are contacting us from an attorney's office, you will need to file a continuance in the form of a legal pleading.

Our business hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm.

If your request has been granted and you have received correspondence from the court, you will need to come to our business office and sign for your court date.  Your court date, may, in fact, have been moved to an earlier court date. Your court date will not be given to you until you physically come to the courts' window and sign for your court date. It is your responsibility to contact the court if you have not heard from the court regarding your request. Please check your inbox and your spam folder. If you are approved you will be expected to do the following:

You must come to our business office within 1-2 business days of receiving notice from the court informing you that your request has been granted. Please make sure you bring your i.d. with you when you come to sign for the new court date. Once you have signed for the new court date, a copy will be given to you at that time.

If you fail to appear on your rescheduled court date, you may be assessed late fees and/or license suspension fees and, potentially, a warrant for your arrest.