REAL PROPERTY AND BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY TAXES
REAL ESTATE AND PERSONAL PROPERTY:
- The City of Duluth is responsible for billing, collecting and disbursing City property taxes. Property includes not only real estate but also personal property; boats, airplanes, and business assets. Tax amounts are calculated using values that are determined by the Gwinnett County Tax Assessor’s Office and the millage rate set by City Council.
- Stormwater fees are included on the tax bill and are categorized and charged by type of property. The fee for most detached single-family homes is currently $62.00 and for most condominiums and townhomes, the fee is currently $31.00. The fee for non-residential properties is based on a number of impervious surface areas such as roofs, patios, sidewalks, and other paved surfaces. For more information about Stormwater visit Stormwater Utility or contact the Stormwater Division of the Planning and Development Department at email@example.com or by calling 770.497.5311.
- FIFA notices for unpaid taxes as of August 1 were sent to Gwinnett County Superior Court on August 7, 2020.
- 2020 Property Tax notices will be mailed out the first week of September and will be due in full by December 15, 2020. Any unpaid taxes from prior years will be added to the 2020 tax bill.
- Current amounts due can be found online at duluthga.net/payonline or contact the property tax office at 770.476.3434.
- If you are a new property owner and do not receive a City of Duluth 2020 tax notice by October 1, 2020 email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770.476.3434.
- For questions email the Property Tax Officer at email@example.com and indicate the map/parcel number in the subject line.
- Mail checks to City of Duluth, 3467 Main Street, Duluth, GA 30096.
- Cash, Credit/Debit cards, money orders and checks are accepted during regular business hours at City Hall, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 4:30PM. Surcharges are added for credit card transactions.
- A payment drop box is located on the Main Street side of City Hall for after-hours payment by check only. Enclose the remittance stub to ensure that your account is properly credited.
- Property lookup and online payments are available for commercial and personal property parcels at duluthga.net/payonline. For ease of lookup, enter parcel number only. For example, R0000 000 or R0000A000. Convenience fees are added by a third party vendor for online payments.
Other Helpful Links:
Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner at www.gwinnetttaxcommissioner.com
Gwinnett County Tax Assessor at
Georgia General Assembly – Georgia Code at www.legis.state.ga.us