Laws & Policies
The elected officials of the City make decisions based on many various City and State regulations, ordinances, and policies. It is very important to be familiar with all local and state laws regarding holding public office. Here are some important resources that all elected officials should be familiar with.
- Code of Ordinances City of Duluth, GA City Charter, and local laws
- Unified Development Code City of Duluth GA Zoning Procedures, Development Regulations
- Code of Ethics Ordinance All elected officials must abide by the Code of Ethics and sign Oaths
- The Constitution of the State of Georgia "To perpetuate the principles of free government, insure justice to all, preserve peace, promote the interest and happiness of the citizen and of the family, and transmit to posterity the enjoyment of liberty."
- State of Georgia: Election Code Guidance for conducting elections, required actions for candidates
- Rules and Regulations of the State Election Board Searchable by categories
- Georgia Government Transparency Campaign Finance Commission (Formerly Ethics Commission) Reporting requirements.
- GGTCFC Training Workshops Educational Outreach Program for elected officials.