New Public Art: Meet Me on Main
The City of Duluth is excited to introduce the newest public art to enhance our art-loving community! Located on the back windows of the Nacho Daddy building, the Meet Me on Main mural allows you to take a (colorful) step back into old Duluth.
Brenda Ehly is the talented artist behind this piece. When asked to describe her newest mural, Ehly said “When I first moved to Duluth in 1984, the city seal displayed the motto, ‘Pride in Old and New’. I think that spirit is alive and well in Duluth, and I hope my painting, Meet Me on Main, reflects that value. The location of this mural installation is actually the same one as the scene depicted. The bank is currently the site of The Chocolaterie, and where Parsons Dry Goods once stood, you can now find Good Word Brewing. The city requested a colorful and whimsical interpretation of a historic photograph, and I am honored to have been included in this project.”
If her name sounds familiar, it’s because she is no stranger to the Duluth art scene. You have likely admired her work during one of your visits to Downtown Duluth. Some of her most notable local pieces include:
- Dream Big mural at Hill Street & West Lawrenceville
- Painted bike rack at Hill Street & West Lawrenceville
- Two paintings displayed in Maple Street Biscuit Company
- Interior & exterior signage at both Crave Pie & Harper Row
- Backdrop for the model train set at the Southeastern Railway Museum
- Pen & ink depiction of City Hall located inside City Hall as part of our permanent art collection
We invite you to check out Meet Me on Main and don’t forget to tag us in your photos!
Mural Location: Nacho Daddy (Main Street side), 3095 Main Street #500A, Duluth, GA 30096
Facebook – @cityofduluth
Instagram – @city_of_duluth & @undeniablydowntownduluth