Doing Business In Duluth
In the City of Duluth, businesses find:
- A highly educated and trained workforce
- A dynamic network of technology firms and services
- Strategic access to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, rail, Interstate 85, 75, and 20, and the Ports Authority facilities in Savannah and Brunswick
- Superior digital infrastructure, including Internet backbone connectivity
- A competitive tax structure
- Affordable, flexible and attractive real estate options
- Top public and private schools, colleges, and universities
Commercial Real Estate
Duluth Economic Development provides comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date business and real estate information to help firms interested in locating or expanding to the City of Duluth. Duluth Economic Development works closely with real estate professionals to provide data on commercial space and land that is tailored to prospects' stated needs. Duluth Economic Development closely tracks office and industrial space in the City of Duluth using a research database that is frequently updated as well as a variety of other market sources.
Duluth Economic Development also provides other important assistance to prospects:
- Duluth Economic Development can act as a liaison between the business and development communities.
- Duluth Economic Development can arrange meetings between prospects and relevant city and county regulatory agencies and officials to answer questions and address issues concerning land use, zoning and permitting.
- Duluth Economic Development is available to speak to business and professional organizations on all aspects of commercial real estate in the City of Duluth including providing overviews of the local commercial market as a whole as well as submarket analyses.
Transportation and utilities are two of the vital infrastructure underpinnings of the City of Duluth's business and residential communities. The extensive network of highways, railroads, and airports link residents and businesses with commercial hubs and cultural attractions throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area and the world.
Duluth is easily accessible. It is located minutes from Interstate 85 and intersected by three major roadways: U.S. Route 23 (Buford Highway), GA State Route 120 (Duluth Highway), and Peachtree Industrial Boulevard.
More than 80 percent of the continental U.S. population is within a two-hour flight of Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, located just a short drive from Duluth. Hartsfield-Jackson is the world's busiest airport, with direct flights to 70 international destinations in 50 countries.
Regarding utilities, Duluth and Gwinnett County's excellent utility companies provide the vital resources required by residents and businesses.