Parks & Recreation
CLICK HERE TO VIEW CURRENT PROGRAMS
Due to storm flooding
W.P. Jones Park Playground and Park Restroom area is CLOSED
Chattapoochee Dog Park OPEN
*The small dog park splash pad is under repair. Please bring water for your dogs.
Rogers Bridge Park improvements have begun. The Bridge contractors are mobilizing to begin the Rogers Bridge Project. Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources is installing a 54” sewer line to improve service for existing and future development. Rogers Bridge Park is CLOSED to the public until park improvements are completed. For public safety and for the safety of the contractors, DO NOT sneak a peek by entering the closed park areas.
The City of Duluth Parks and Recreation will provide the optimum recreational facilities with quality programs to ensure the standard of excellence for all the citizens of Duluth.
The City of Duluth Parks and Recreation Department aspires to provide long-term, quality, safe, diverse and enduring programs targeted for various segments of the local community at reasonable costs. Financially, our intent is to generate maximum returns-on-investment where possible, and to meet the varying and increasing demands of a growing community; but not at the expense of excluding services demanded by the majority of our public. We will attempt to provide sufficient, well-maintained facilities and green space with associated recreation activities to achieve minimum standards as defined by the Georgia Parks and Recreation Association.
parks master plan
Park Master Plan 2007
Park Master Plan Update 2016
|Jason Rogers||Assistant Director of Recreationemail@example.com|
|Brandon Davis||Assistant Director of Athletics||Brandon Davis|
|Beth Anne Woodruff||Facility/Special Events Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Will Marvel||Recreation Program Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|John Keating||Assistant Director of Parksfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Craig Corley||Park Maintenance Supervisoremail@example.com|
|Blake Birdsong||Parks Maintenance Tech IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Garin Butler||Parks Maintenance Tech IIemail@example.com|
The City of Duluth Parks & Recreation Department is a member of the Georgia Recreation and Park Association (GRPA) and the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA)
Customer Service Standards
Customer Service Standards, we will:
- Offer recreation programs to all ages year round and publicize these activities in the Activity Guide, through the circulation of flyers, school announcements, news releases and other forms of advertising.
- Obtain citizens input on recreation programs through public meetings with City Council and the Advisory Board, program evaluations, surveys and public comment.
- Utilize qualified, trained instructors and staff for recreation programs and facilitating citizen rentals of park facilities.
- Conduct thorough park and facility inspections at least four times a year to ensure complete safety.
- Provide a clean park environment by cleaning all restroom facilities daily during the weekdays, disposing of all trash, responding to vandalized equipment and performing regularly scheduled janitorial and floor care maintenance in all park facilities.
- Maintain all grounds and turf in both active and passive areas by performing weekly inspections on playground equipment, preserving all park trails, and mowing and weeding all public areas