- Tax Commissioner Denise R. Mitchell reminds homeowners to apply for a Homestead Exemption before April 1st.
- You must own and occupy the property as your primary residence as of January 1st of the current tax year for which the application is being made.
- Exemptions are not granted automatically, however once an exemption is granted, there is no need to apply each year.
- Visit www.GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com to apply online and upload supporting documentation, check your application status or view exemption requirements. Once you apply through Gwinnett County, the exemption will automatically post to your account with the City of Duluth.
- Homestead $2,000.00
- Senior - 65 or older $4,000.00 (income limit $25,000.000 per year)
- 100% disabled $4,000.00
- Disabled veteran $109,986