THANKS FOR MAKING CITY OF DULUTH YOUR HOME!
For a great overview on Property Taxes and the services they pay for, please enjoy the Facts video below.
Real Estate and Personal Property:
- The City of Duluth is responsible for billing, collecting and disbursing City property taxes. Property includes not only real estate but also personal property; boats, airplanes, and business assets. Personal Property Appeal Form
- Tax amounts are calculated using values that are determined by the Gwinnett County Tax Assessor’s Office and the millage rate set by City Council.
- Stormwater fees are included on the tax bill and are categorized and charged by type of property. The fee for most detached single-family homes is currently $75.00 and for most condominiums and townhomes, the fee is currently $37.50. The fee for non-residential properties is based on a number of impervious surface areas such as roofs, patios, sidewalks, and other paved surfaces. For more information about Stormwater visit Stormwater Utility or contact the Stormwater Division of the Planning and Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 770.497.5311.
- FIFA notices for unpaid 2022 taxes as of April 24, 2022 were sent to Gwinnett County Superior Court on August 25, 2022.
- 2023 Property Tax notices will be mailed out September 1, 2023 and will be due in full by December 15, 2023. Any unpaid taxes from prior years will be added to the 2023 tax bill.
- Amounts due can be paid online (after September 1, 2023) at Real and Personal Property Tax Portal or contact the property tax office at 770.476.3434.
- If you are a new property owner and do not receive a City of Duluth 2023 tax notice by October 15, 2023 email email@example.com or call 770.476.3434.
- For questions email the Property Tax Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the map/parcel number in the subject line.
- Mail checks to City of Duluth, 3167 Main Street, Duluth, GA 30096.
- Cash, Credit/Debit cards, money orders and checks are accepted during regular business hours at City Hall, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 4:30PM. Surcharges are added for credit card transactions.
- A yellow payment drop box is located on the Main Street side of City Hall for after-hours payment by check only. Enclose the remittance stub to ensure that your account is properly credited.
- Property lookup and online payments are available for commercial and personal property parcels at the Real and Personal Property Tax Portal. ( Online payments can be made after September 1, 2023) For ease of lookup, enter parcel number only. For example, R0000 000 or R0000A000. Convenience fees are added by a third party vendor for online payments.
- Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner at www.gwinnetttaxcommissioner.com
- Gwinnett County Tax Assessor at https://www.gwinnettcounty.com/portal/gwinnett/Departments/FinancialServices/TaxAssessorsOffice
- Georgia General Assembly – Georgia Code at www.legis.state.ga.us